Tuesday 3 July 2012

Finding my way

I finally stopped getting lost on the way to and from work. I worked out a route which, although probably not the fastest, was what I felt was the safest.

Along the river to Hammersmith, past the RAPP building where I used to work (for three agencies in total: RAPP in its previous incarnation as WAVV RAPP Collins, and as a freelancer for CDM and DDB Health).

Then over Fulham Palace Road to Baron's Court, over the A4 and up to Hammersmith Road, right along up to Kensington High Street which is my least favourite bit as it gets a bit hairy with buses, taxis, traffic etc. But I can't avoid it as it takes me up to Hyde Park.

Hyde Park is, unsurprisingly, one of my favourite parts of the ride. I go past the Albert memorial and the Royal Albert Hall.

Here's Albert in all his (ahem) morning glory...

Instead of going around the park, I realised it's much quicker to go North from Alexandra Gate, over the Serpentine, follow the path around to the North Carriage Drive and exit at Albion Gate.

From there, I head North East, cut over Edgeware Road and Baker Street, then wiggle across Marylebone High Street onto Weymouth Street, then a right, then a left and past the BT Tower, before heading across Tottenham Court Road, another right and then I pick up a cycle path which takes me to Tavistock Square.

There you go, a stalkers map of my route to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment