Thursday 12 July 2012

What a difference a week makes...

I never thought I would write these words together in one sentence. But... I just had a personal training session at the gym and it rocked!

Especially compared to last week, when I hadn't been to the gym for 10 days (even though I had cycled to work and back for 5 days in between), felt knackered and found it really hard going.

Today, Liam mixed things up a bit and we've started doing 'super sets' (mixing 2 previously separate exercises into 1). So 10 arm pulls on the TRX were followed by 10 press ups (x3). 10 ab curls on the TRX were followed by 10 tricep dips x 3 (still my least favourite, hate it).

Plus a few new treats mixed in as well - like using a contraption I've always strictly avoided - you put your weight on your arms, hang legs down straight then raise them 90 degrees in front of you - legs still straight. Repeat 10 times, mixed in with 10 exercises where you are sat on the floor, legs straight in front, you lie back 45 degrees and do 10 twists with a 4kg medicine ball.

We finished with a 5 minute warm down on the treadmill, during which I was even able to maintain a conversation.

I walked out feeling energised, rather full of beans and a little bit proud of myself. Oh, and I reached a new PB (personal best) of 133 metres on the rowing machine sets of 30 seconds, with the lever thing (technical term) on level 8. Compared to last week's 126 metres, that's a big gain.

Yes, I am now a gym bore as well as a cycling bore, but I feel great. Whoop whoop! Feels like I'm making progress at last.

Now it's time to start making progress on the fundraising... oh, and yes. It's still bloody raining. Back on the bicycle tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Blimey Kate that is good going. Remind me never to challenge you at arm wrestling. :-)

    ReplyDelete